Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

1st Post in a Year!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I posted on here!
My Dad had fought Lung cancer for 4 yrs, but over the last year his health had deteriated significantly, and sadly he passed away on 7th February. He was a brilliant Dad and best friend. We shared many interests, joining Art Groups and visiting museums when I was younger, I'll miss him every day, but I know he's still around, and crafting is a great therapy for me.
One of our projects over on the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group is to make an altered journal book, which is French Inspired. I decided to put photographs in of my Dad. I've made a few albums for friends and my daughter, but not one for myself. So this is my therapy, so many happy memories have surfaced making this.
This is the front cover:


This is the inside

These are photos of when he went to sea in the Merchant Navy. He only went to sea for about 4 yrs till he married my Mum, but it was a favourite time and was always telling stories

No comments: