Pages

Monday 3 October 2011

Altered Alice: The Mad Hatter with Twinkles






http://alteredalice.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-8-celebrating-mad-hatter-with.html





Here's my entry for the challenge over at Altered Alice. The Mad Hatter with Twinkles.



I've only just bought some Alice stamps, don't know why it's taken so long, I've always loved the story, and remember watching it as a child, then with my own children.



My daughter bought a lot of Disney DVD's last Christmas (she's 27!) because she loved watching them with me, and one of them was Alice In Wonderland. So I thought I'd make her some Alice themed note books for Christmas, for her endless list making!



I didn't want the MH to have too much colour so I painted him in sepia tones, then gave him an orange hat, which has orange glitter for his 'twinkles'. I made the flower and butterflies to match the background paper, and added a playing card charm







4 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! I love the project and it is such a great gift idea. There are always great notepads available and I love the way you have customized this one! She will be charmed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn. Gorgeous projects - This one and the four previous.
Regards Florence.

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE that stamp! Who's it by? Adorable project. Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice. xxD

Catherine said...

This is just lovely